The process of selecting, designing, manufacturing, certification of execution and testing as well as putting into service of a chemical resistant tank is extremely complicated. But not when you do it together with Amargo TANK Think Tank Specialists!
So contact us and we’ll guide you through a thicket of legal provisions. Below we have included only a fragment of these provisions.
Each non-pressure and low-pressure chemically resistant tank (overpressure not higher than 0.5 bar) – intended for storage of hazardous materials with toxic or corrosive properties is subject to technical supervision, if chemical substances and preparations have been classified on the basis of separate regulations as dangerous: very toxic, toxic, harmful or corrosive.
- tanks for the transport of toxic or corrosive materials that are subject to the requirements set out in separate regulations,
- tanks in the process line not for storage,
- packaging intended for the storage and transport of hazardous materials with toxic or corrosive properties referred to in separate regulations,
- packaging of factory pharmaceuticals and medical materials,
- objects and devices containing corrosive materials, in particular wet and dry electric cells and containers with corrosive materials in foam extinguishers,
- tanks intended for radioactive materials.
The data comes from an official source – Office of Technical Inspection website.
Toxic or corrosive: legal basis
Act of 21 December 2000 on technical inspection (Journal of of Laws No. 122, item 1321) as amended.
The Ordinance of the Council of Ministers of 7 December 2012 on types of technical equipment subject to technical inspection (Journal of Laws of 2012 No. 0, item 1468).
The Ordinance of the Minister of Economy of 16 April 2002 on technical conditions of technical inspection to be met by non-pressure and low-pressure tanks for storage of toxic materials and corrosives (Journal of Laws No. 63, item 572).
The Ordinance of the Minister of Economy of 27 November 2014 amending the ordinance on the amount of fees charged for services of technical inspection units (Journal of Laws No. 2014, item 1675).
Toxic or corrosive: forms of supervision and test dates
Toxic or corrosive: technical documentation required
- Technical documentation issued by the manufacturer (to the extent specified in §42 of the ordinance of the Minister of Economy of 16 April 2002).
- Certification of the tank manufacturer that it is made and tested in accordance with the technical documentation and conditions specified in the authorization to manufacture. A certificate should also be issued by the tank installer, if the tank is installed on site.
- Description of operation, together with data on accessories and power sources (application).
- Diagram of connections with compatible devices.
- Data regarding anti-corrosion protection, including a description of the cathodic protection system for underground tanks, if it is to be used.
- Plan of the siting of the placed tank showing the location of the tank and associated equipment – for the tank located in the building.
- Plan of the siting of the placed tank taking into account the arrangement of neighbouring buildings and devices at a distance of 10 m – for a tank placed outside the building.
- Test report for the tightness of the liner or protective coating, if such testing is required in the technical documentation.
- Tank operating instructions provided by the manufacturer (in the case of a tank ready for operation) or developed and/or supplemented by the operator.
The above-mentioned documentation also applies to devices once again put into operation, whereas it may be modified based on the qualifying test conducted in such a case.